lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #20409] Add netif callback function for link change ev

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #20409] Add netif callback function for link change event
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 06:42:31 +0000

> But these modules are not the only ones which need to react to a
> link up, IGMP is another one (the target have to resend its "IGMP
> reports")

Couldn't that happen from netif_set_up()?

> I don't like the idea that a link down cause to "down" the netif,
> and the link up cause to "up". It's also possible to manually
> "down" a netif, and to don't want it's "up" when the link is
> "up". To my point of view, this is two really different state.

That would mean the netif could be UP & the link DOWN. Then when the link
comes back UP, dhcp would work on a netif that is UP/UP and set it to UP
again once it gets an IP? Or set it to DOWN when it realizes the old IP is
not valid any more?

> Yes, and LOCK_TCPIP_CORE/UNLOCK_TCPIP_CORE can do this job...

But not with the current sequential api implementation!

> Otherwise, we could have the user call netif_set_down only to
> find that DHCP called netif_set_up() all on its own later on
> because it wasnt stopped.

Or netif_set_down should stop dhcp...

re comment #35: didn't have time to look at the file yet, but the idea seem
kind of ok to me (although maybe ip_input should check more than
NETIF_FLAG_UP and null IP).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20409>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/