lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #20503] IGMP Improvement

From: Bill Florac
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #20503] IGMP Improvement
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 09:41:52 +0000

>>Removed igmp_mac_filter() to allrouters group. [I don't think this needed
in V2]

>Not ok, since, like we have talk on the mailing list, some switchs/routers
doesn't use 224.0.0.1, but 224.0.0.2. I suppose it's due to a problem in
their RFC interpretation, but on the field, we have to accept both to receive
query messages. My experience with industrial switchs/routers using IGMP is
this is a "component" not always very well implemented, where the field
sometimes a better "rule" than the RFC (always in draft for memory). Since
let receive 224.0.0.2 packets is not a big problem, I think we have to let
receive

If we are going to keep 224.0.0.2 then we need to add a group2 =
igmp_lookup_group(netif, &allrouters) as it is missing. Otherwise, it will be
tossed out. Does that also mean we have to send GroupLeaving to both
addresses?

>>>Use LWIP_IGMP_FREE_GROUPS to enable this feature

>If there is a problem with memory (and there is one in IGMP), I'm in flavor
to fix it without any options. Of course, it depend of the way to do it. I
would like to use memp rather than mem to allocate igmp_group structs.

OK, I'm fine with no options. Perhaps I can leave it to someone else with
more experience with memp change it to memp?

Bill

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20503>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/