lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #20503] IGMP Improvement

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #20503] IGMP Improvement
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 09:51:22 +0000

>Does that also mean we have to send GroupLeaving to both addresses?

No, most of time, the problem is on the ip_dst_addr of igmp "query" message.
This is something I see on the field with few manufacturers. Interoperability
is not "great" with IGMP. Some others problems are :

- behavior of IGMP switch/router when a group membership is "empty" on the
network (no one join the group). So flood the traffic (it's default in RFC),
some blocks the traffic (it's more better practice, most of modern
switchs/routers do that, some propose the option).

- behavior for the IGMP Querier election is not always weel supported (most
of time, due to different timings.

- behavior for the IGMP Leave message

- behavior for the interoperability with IGMPv2 on IGMPv3-capable
switchs/routers.

>OK, I'm fine with no options. Perhaps I can leave it to someone else with
more experience with memp change it to memp?

I will do..

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20503>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/