lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #7068] lwIP docs: Update, improve, add documentation

From: Jared Grubb
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #7068] lwIP docs: Update, improve, add documentation about using lwIP
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 15:08:54 +0000

> is it possible with scribblewiki to "extract" files documentation in html
if we want to produce any off-line doc?
>is it possible to backup them, restore, etc...
>If Savannah proposed a wiki extension of current site
> (from Kieran) I'd like to still ship a copy in each
release

It is possible to export the pages as XML (which are then in a format to
import them into a new MediaWiki, i.e. if Savannah ever got one installed for
us).

As far as formats that are printable... This site has information on lots of
ways to convert a MediaWiki to another format:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Alternative_parsers
But:
* The problem is we can't use these *on* the Scribblewiki server because they
dont have a way for us to install our own tools. To do that we have to have
our own server.
* One of us could install a MediaWiki on a local machine, export the entire
site, import it into a local MediaWiki that *is* able to do these fancy
things. This would be a bit of work, but would (possibly) only need to be
done once per release, right?

> Is it possible to limit access to some peoples

I didn't find a free wiki server that lets us do that. Scribblewiki will give
us that much control (and maybe even the ability to add that feature I talked
about earlier) for $5/month. (I can keep searching... and if we find one, it
will be "easy" to move existing content over)

MediaWiki is the engine that runs Wikipedia. There is a way to protect
*individual* pages from anonymous (or even logged in) edits. This would have
to be added to EVERY page (which isn't too hard), but it would not protect
against an anonymous user creating his own page from scratch (but there would
be no links to it from our pages, so it would be effectively "hidden")

> get notifications emails about changes

In a MediaWiki, you can "watch" a page, and then go to your "Watchlist" to
see all changes made to those pages. THere is an option that you can set to
send you an email when pages on your watchlist change.

> a block of links in the wiki ("outside" the lwIP ones) can be useful, for
generic TCP/IP, network, references, C language, etc...

Absolutely. I was also imagining that each protocol's page could have a box
of links, to RFC's, etc.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7068>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/