lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #20506] HTTP server doesn't call tcp_output

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #20506] HTTP server doesn't call tcp_output
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 08:27:32 +0000

> That's a partial solution

If we set it to 2 mss at the beginning, we can set it back to 2 mss later,
too. There is not much difference there...

In fact, that's what I did in my local changes.

> However, if we could find something (i.e. an RFC) to justify this
> new minimum value it would certainly be an easy fix.

That's my problem right now. I tried some internet hosts and they all sent 2
packets minimum as a start. One of them happens to be a linux server (I know
that because my site is running on it).

I'd love to have such a document, but compatibility is also a strong issue
here. What's the point in staying with 1 mss if all the world is behaving
different? If the browser was running on lwIP, too, there'd be no problem
since it would directly ACK the first packet.

But I'm in no hurry to change this, I'll be searching for a more recent
document that sheds some light on this.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20506>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/