lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] 1.3.0 Status

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] 1.3.0 Status
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 15:30:00 +0100

There have been a few suggestions that we're in a feature freeze at the
moment - that's not quite the case.

Those things currently tagged as "planned release" 1.3.0 are the things
that must be fixed before we make the 1.3.0 release, or their omission
justified.  Other new things *may* be included in the release at this
stage, but obviously the simpler and less experimental the new feature
is, the more likely it is to make it in, and this criterion will become
more strict with time.  Things will also be judged on how useful they
are - if something offers little immediate benefit there should be no
problem postponing it to 1.4.0

Although we're not in full feature freeze, please don't deliberately
divert attention from those things that are tagged 1.3.0 to those things
that are not as this will just delay the release further.

Genuine bugs will of course be fixed as soon as possible regardless of
any full feature freeze.

Kieran