lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #7136] Centralize mempool settings in separate file

From: Jared Grubb
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #7136] Centralize mempool settings in separate file
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 21:33:10 +0000

Here are updates to the changes to the memp.def and memp.h files, and new
changes for mem.c.

> I was talking about the possibility to use that to fix Simon's problem of
task #6863 (be able to add several kind of "mem poll" - actually, fixed to 4).

These new changes will allow an arbitrary number of "mem pools" and solves
Task #6863. The way to find the first and last "mem pool" is a bit strange,
but this is the only thing I could think of without using a const variable.

I have verified that the MEMP_POOL_FIRST/LAST are set correctly, but I don't
use the mem_malloc. So someone that is using those pools should verify that it
is working on their end as well.

> I think we could/should remove from opts.h and lwipopts.h all MEMP_NUM_xxx
and defined them directly in the same file.

I have removed all MEMP_NUM_* from memp.def and changed them to the opt.h
default values. I agree that it is better to keep the pool settings inside
this file, and will make lwipopts.h and opt.h shorter and simpler.

(file #13543, file #13544, file #13545)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: memp.def                       Size:2 KB
File name: mem.c.patch                    Size:0 KB
File name: memp.h.patch                   Size:2 KB

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7136>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/