lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #20640] Request getting lost/unanswered in lwip stack

From: Vipin
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #20640] Request getting lost/unanswered in lwip stack
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 08:23:05 +0000

I tried to analysed trace more deeply. I found that PC is resetting the
connection only when it is expecting data from the board but after waiting for
some time but it doesn't get a response.
E.G.
In Packet 45, 85, 156, 172, 244 connection is getting reset becoz PC was
expecting an ACK for the request it has send but it gets no response hence
after a timeout of 200 ms it resets the connection.

Similarly, In the remaining connection resets by PC i.e. in packet 168, 244
it is expecting more data from the board but when it doesn't receive that data
it issues a reset of connection.

If this analysis is correct then it would mean that lwip stack is missing the
requests from the ethernet and hence ACK is not provided, which will mean that
we have some problem in the stack?

Moreover the connections reset by lwip board is also not understood. I will
try to print the debug statements but I don't have any great knowledge of
TCP/IP.

Please help.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20640>

  Message sent via/by Savannah