lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #7143] Clean up opt.h

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #7143] Clean up opt.h
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 08:23:41 +0000

>Of those options you list, only TCP_REXMIT_DEBUG really appears to be
unused. The others all are.

I don't find where DEFAULT_THREAD_PRIO is used (perhaps it's in a port, but
in this case, should be in the lwipopts.h provided with the port).

>comments in opt.h

comments like "Default: 0" seems a little bit "strange" since the default
value is just after. I can understand if you create you lwipopts.h file from a
copy/paste of a part of opt.h to get comments, but, if we change a default
value in opt.h, you don't have to forget to update all these references. To my
point of view, it's not useful, but it's just my point of view (it's just a
remark).

>Question: Can I add LWIP_STATS_LARGE to the opt.h? Why is it separate?

See https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?5811 for my point of view, and the
answer to your question.

Note, there is some others options which are in the module header file, and
not in opt.h, to make them less "visible", to avoid that any new users change
it without know what he do. You can see that like options for "advanced" (???)
users.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7143>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/