lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #6735] Provide new pbuf type: PBUF_RAM_NOCOPY

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #6735] Provide new pbuf type: PBUF_RAM_NOCOPY
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 09:06:35 +0000

> That's not true if the driver is non-blocking

Of course it's not. But we currently don't know whether the driver is
blocking or non-blocking i.e. whether it needs a packet longer than the stack
has it or not. Thus the only place where we know whether to copy the packet or
not is in the driver! We could otherwise set a flag in the netif struct and do
the work in the stack to simplify driver development, but copying on entering
the stack (from the app) definitively leads to unnecessary copying for me!

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6735>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/