lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #7269] Call netif_set_default during netif_add if not

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #7269] Call netif_set_default during netif_add if not yet defined
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 12:22:04 +0000

Update of task #7269 (project lwip):

        Percent Complete:                      0% => 100%
             Assigned to:                    None => fbernon
         Planned Release:                    None => 1.3.0

Follow-up Comment #4:

Ok, so, I will just fix the netif_remove, and let the netif_add like this.

>What if you have an initialization where you set the loopback up first and
the ETH later? Then, the loopback would be default and you'd have to set ETH
as default explicitly.

If you have several netif, you should do an explicit netif_set_default (but,
since we don't check in this part of the patch, it's just a remark).

I'm surprise to never have see any questions about a potential routing table.
But it doesn't seems to be an usual need for embedded products...

Ok, I fix the netif_remove, and close this task...

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7269>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/