lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #20900] Potential crash error problem with netconn_pee

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #20900] Potential crash error problem with netconn_peer & netconn_addr
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 12:57:40 +0000

As I understand it the problem is that we return a pointer to an address that
can change under the feet of the caller.  You're suggesting to improve this by
copying the address and returning as a value rather than a pointer into the
pcb structure.

This will mean that we don't get a crash when people try and looking at the
address they've been returned, but that they might be looking at an
out-of-date copy.

As this is a fix for a bug, I don't see much alternative but to take it, even
though it changes the API.  I don't think either of these are frequently
called data-path operations, so the drop in performance shouldn't be a factor.
 Can we make sure that this change is well documented however?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20900>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/