lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #21356] client thread freezes after MEMP_TCPIP_MSG sta

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #21356] client thread freezes after MEMP_TCPIP_MSG starvation
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 20:42:00 +0000

Update of bug #21356 (project lwip):

Follow-up Comment #3:

>TCPIP msg is taken from the stack. I don't understand how another thread
might asynchronously retrieve valid memory from this stack ? Isn't this fix
dangerous ?

It's not asynchronsly, since the "netconn side" thread always wait that
tcpip_thread end the action before return, so, this is not dangerous. Since
the change was done there is several months, I think we can consider that as
stable. There is in the CVS HEAD lot of change to fix several lot of problems
with sequential api. Now, I think we can tell it's really more stable than
1.2.0. So, I suggest you to upgrade your port to HEAD code. You can find some
informations here :
http://lwip.scribblewiki.com/LwIP_version_1.3.0_release_notes

Note this particular point around your problem: "New MEMP_NUM_TCPIP_MSG_API
and MEMP_NUM_TCPIP_MSG_INPKT replace older MEMP_NUM_TCPIP_MSG."

>As a consequence sys_mbox_post may fail.

lwIP sequential API is (and was) design on the fact that "sys_mbox_post"
should never failed. So, you should change your sys_arch to avoid this
case...

I close this record, but if you have some others questions, please, feel free
to send it (if they are on HEAD code, perhaps "lwip-devel" mailing list is
better than the bugtracker).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?21356>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/