lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #21433] Calling mem_free/pbuf_free from interrupt cont

From: EVS Hardware Dpt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #21433] Calling mem_free/pbuf_free from interrupt context isn't safe
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 16:07:43 +0000

>Hold on here, Simon is saying that using SYS_ARCH_PROTECT in mem_free is not
good because it takes too long to walk the heap. I'm failing to see where the
size of the heap (or number of allocations) is a factor. Maybe I'm just blind.
Simon, can you tell me where this dependency is?

I believe he's talking about walking the heap finding a memory segment that
is big enough to allocate. The more we allocate, the more we must walk the
heap. I think plug holes can also be consuming.

Fred

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?21433>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/