lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #6253] Added csum to struct pbuf.

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #6253] Added csum to struct pbuf.
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 14:27:32 +0000

Follow-up Comment #9, patch #6253 (project lwip):

> Yes, I know that it's been put off till after 1.3. That doesn't stop it
being relevant.

No, of course it's not!

> To be clear, I already have working and deployed code for this. This is not
vapourware.

I don't think I understand. What do you mean with 'this'? DMA alignment? I
wouldn't add fields to struct pbuf until we have code that takes care for DMA
alignment or else my code doesn't work any more, either!

> ... so you are now wasting 28 bytes per pbuf.

Of course, that's wasted memory. I'll take a look at the extra space for
checksum at the beginning (or end?) of a pbuf for checksum-on-copy, that
sounds quite nice to me!

Anyway, both checksum-on-copy AND the change this patch suggests should be
held back until after 1.3.0 release!

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6253>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/