lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #7017] Implement DNS client

From: Jim Pettinato
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #7017] Implement DNS client
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:46:47 +0000

Update of task #7017 (project lwip):

   Should be Finished on: Monday 06/18/2007 at 18:00 => Tuesday 12/18/2007 at
00:00

Follow-up Comment #47:

Thanks Frédéric and Simon for all your work on this... looks great to me.

I've found life is so much easier setting the pbuf size to (MSS + size of all
headers) that I sometimes forget not everyone can get away with that... so as
much as I hate adding additional memory requirements, the response buffer is a
good idea. I'd prefer to see a local buffer, and only if a chain is received.
What are our standard policies on local vars/stack allocation?

Questions...

One week for a default MAX_TTL? Do you have a reference for that?

Also, the @todo for response processing is still in there, and comment #46
indicates that has already been addressed. Am I not clear on all that @todo
item implies or did it just get left in as an oversight??

Little things... should dns_setserver() have a return value? Also, the
comments are wrong for that function (cut/paste from dns_getserver() without
modification).

Should we explicitly init secondary server(s) to 0.0.0.0?

I have a new computer, so not able to access CVS currently - I'll find time
to get Cygwin installed on the new machine and set up for CVS access as soon
as I can, so forgive me for not just addressing some of these things myself.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7017>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/