lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #7017] Implement DNS client

From: Jim Pettinato
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #7017] Implement DNS client
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 20:00:11 +0000

> - Every call to dns_gethostbyname results in sending
> queries for ALL entries in dns_table resulting in the
> same request being sent many times.

The client has changed significantly since the initial port from uIP, so any
stress testing done is likely not valid anyway... as an example, the original
client did not call _check_entries() in the _gethostbyname() function... that
was added since. I plan on integrating and testing (and appealing for testing
help from others) once we've stabilized the module a bit more.

> When a response is received, the name of this response
> is not checked against the name in the dns_table entry,
> thus giving wrong results when reusing entries (because
> a previous entry was aborted that had the same transaction
> ID, used as the table index)

I believe there is a comment in there that suggests we should address this?

And Simon, it's lwIP code now... so it's as much yours as mine or
Frederic's... feel free to correct things you find!

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7017>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/