lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #7017] Implement DNS client

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #7017] Implement DNS client
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 19:41:46 +0000

>I rather was concerned about adding code that noone needs/maintains..

So, to my point of view, this is not a need, but if this is code you don't
want to maintain, so, perhaps just post it in a patch record?

>Do you mean to add more err_t values and include them in err_to_errno_table?
I think that would be a good thing to do, but we'd have to talk about the
return value of dns_gethostbyname: it would be ERR_OK when the result was
cached, I guess (ERR_MEM/ERR_VAL/ERR_ARG is straightforward, also). But what
would it be for an enqueued request? I think it should be ERR_OK also, since
this is OK, but then we can't distinguish it from the other ERR_OK... any
thoughts?

I thought to add a err_t values mainly for the "enqueued request" case.

>Honestly, I also read that (h_errno instead of errno), but since we don't
have a h_errno, I just modified errno... Not really portable, but who cares
for an exact error message ;-)

Since we have LWIP_DNS option, we can also add "int h_errno;"  at the
beginning of the file, and use it?

Else, about comment#61 and options places?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7017>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/