lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #6969] Review usage of conn->err in netconn layer

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #6969] Review usage of conn->err in netconn layer
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 16:35:45 +0000

Define what could be "fatal" and what is not is not very easy. As you have
see in the IRC chat, we have spend time to try to define which error codes
should be. But, of course, it's mainly based on the lwIP core, and since each
developers can use any code like he wants in his driver. This is mainly before
the is no a "strict" definition of each code and when to return it. So, I
think that once the fatal code would be defined, there will be some port
breakages. But in fact, since any code different than ERR_OK already cause to
block send/recv operations, I'm not sure this is a real problem.

So, perhaps can you give your list about what is "fatal", and what is not?

About the bitmask, the problem could be with err_to_errno_table in sockets.c.
But we could mask it (bit 6) I think.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6969>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/