lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #21643] udp_send/raw_send don't fail if netif is down

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #21643] udp_send/raw_send don't fail if netif is down
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 11:59:09 +0000

>> We should check that ARP doesn't respond on ARP requests to its
>> own address until the netif is up, but my guess is this is
>> already implemented.
>
> It seems it is not implemented.

No it isn't. That's why I asked on lwip-devel
(http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lwip-devel/2007-11/msg00302.html)

> So I wonder if the real problem (and fix) is in ip_route().

Could be better...

> At the same time, if such a fix prevents DHCP, maybe DHCP
> should be allowed a way to send with a particular netif. Even
> now, I don't think DHCP could work reliably in lwIP if you have
> more than one netif, so identifying the netif to use seems
> wise.

Which means we would need a function like udp_sendto_if() which behaves like
udp_sendto but gives a netif to be used? I think that would be the best
solution after all.

Then we only would have to check for NETIF_FLAG_UP in ip_route() and
everyting would be OK (as long as ERR_RTE is a minor error).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?21643>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/