lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #21655] DHCP doesn't work reliably with multiple netif

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #21655] DHCP doesn't work reliably with multiple netifs
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 08:52:06 +0000

The UDP patch works kind of nice, I'll check it in.

As to the patch to ip.c (checking for DHCP first, then processing the
netif_list): I'm not sure it works without this: for the udp.c patch to work,
it is necessary that the netif is correct. So When having multiple netifs on
the same network, the code in ip_input might select the wrong netif to pass to
udp_input...

But this is a generic problem in ip_input (selecting a netif from the list
instead of passing the 'inp' netif after it is checked). I'm sure there is a
reason for this code, but I just don't see it: it seems kind of unsafe to
accept a packet from one netif and tell UDP it is from another netif?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?21655>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/