lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #7525] Implement TCP listen backlog

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #7525] Implement TCP listen backlog
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 22:02:31 +0000

I attach a patch file (without the changes in lwip_listen and netconn_listen,
which could be the same than your patch). You can see where are the use of
"to_accept" (which can be rename to something better) and "backlog".

Note I avoid to change tcp_listen, because adding a "backlog" parameter to
this function will make mandatory to update all codes (even contrib/apps) and
cause a API breakage.

In comment#1, I suggested to changes "listen" API like this:

err_t
#if LWIP_LISTEN_BACKLOG
netconn_listen(struct netconn *conn, int backlog)
#else
netconn_listen(struct netconn *conn)
#endif /* LWIP_LISTEN_BACKLOG */

But in fact, it's not really better because it would also make mandatory to
use LWIP_LISTEN_BACKLOG option in contrib code, and it's not very "nice".

I don't know what would be the best solution to avoid API breakage and avoid
to directly use LWIP_LISTEN_BACKLOG option in samples.

(file #14671)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: backlog.patch                  Size:5 KB

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7525>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/