lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #6370] Sending to myself

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #6370] Sending to myself
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 18:55:00 +0000

Follow-up Comment #6, patch #6370 (project lwip):

I'm think the function 'netif_poll' could be misleading, since other netifs
can be in polling mode also, which means they simply don't use interrupts...

Aside from that, I'd still be more pleased to leave the code in loopif.c
(only an idea):

- Create a function 'netif_output(struct netif, struct pbuf, struct ipaddr)'
that decides whether to call netif->output or loopif->output.
- loopif->output could then save the netif and use that to call that
netif's->input.
- That way, we would only have _one_ queue (in loopif.c) and very little
change to the existing code.
- The only big change would be to propagate the loopif netif and to include
netif in the loopif linked list (which could be a bit tricky given the current
pbuf list).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6370>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/