lwip-devel

RE: [lwip-devel] [bug #22020] tcp_bind() for listen connection failswhen

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: RE: [lwip-devel] [bug #22020] tcp_bind() for listen connection failswhen connection on this port is active
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:54:49 -0500

Standard use of the lwIP API causes this problem.  The user will need to add
code following a tcp_close to wait (somehow) for the connection to be really
closed or the listen pcb is lost.  Or, the listen pcb needs to be maintained
by the application and manually release outside of the API which seems to
counter of the use of an API for maintaining connections.

Why dismiss this so quickly?  I didn't reuse the port - the connection was
closed normally before reopening it.

Bill Auerbach