lwip-devel

RE : RE : RE : [lwip-devel] Rename some options before 1.3.0

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: RE : RE : RE : [lwip-devel] Rename some options before 1.3.0
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 11:06:22 +0100

If I resume all these points of view :

- PBUF_POOL_SIZE -> MEMP_NUM_PBUF_POOL: This is the only existing define in
previous releases, but I share Simon's point of view when he said "that one
drove me mad a couple of times". This is really something to change.

- ETHARP_TRUST_IP_MAC -> ARP_TRUST_IP_MAC: It wasn't existing in previous
releases, so, it doesn't cause any compatibility problem.

- LWIP_DHCP_AUTOIP_COOP-> AUTOIP_DHCP_COOP: It wasn't existing in previous
releases, so, it doesn't cause any compatibility problem.

- LWIP_ prefix: a point to talk, could be a good idea, but not now we are in
RC1. In all cases, I think there is already some opened tasks where we have
talk about changes which are going to break ports (or api use). So, if "1.4.0"
(or any other release name) is released in 2008, I don't think it will be
tomorrow. Since adding this prefix will also break ports, I think we can do it
with "next" release.

Doing these changes will help to get a cleaner code/doc.

Kieran, now we have more points of view, are you always against ?

Frédéric BERNON
HYMATOM SA
Chef de projet informatique
Microsoft Certified Professional