lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #22120] Problem in icmp_dest_unreach

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #22120] Problem in icmp_dest_unreach
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:40:15 +0000

I'm not sure your problem is on lwIP. I did this test on September CVS HEAD
and on 1.3.0-RC1 without any problems with Wireshark 0.99.7 :

I send with iperf udp packets to my lwIP target on a unbinded port, lwIP
reply with a ICMP "Destination unreachable", and in my wiresshark capture, I
don't see any checksums errors on :

- IP header checksum [correct]
- ICMP checksum [correct]
- on IP and UDP payload (wireshark doesn't mark them as "incorrect")

I will suppose you know that old wireshark releases (0.99.5 by example) was
bugged on UDP checksums (mainly on fragmented datagrams from memory), and that
your pc network interface doesn't perform any checksum offload processing
(with give some checksums errors, but last wireskark releases mark them like a
warning).

Can you tell me what is your wireshark release, and perhaps attach the
capture file?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?22120>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/