lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #22249] TCP MSS set to 0 into TCP option

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #22249] TCP MSS set to 0 into TCP option
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 16:00:12 +0000

About the RFC, I saw this which provides some context, and indicates that the
real minimum can be lower:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/tsvwg/current/msg04483.html

>From that I think we should set the minimum at 28.

Certainly we should be allowing smaller values, as low memory targets such as
those running lwip may want them, irrespective of what the link's MTU is
capable of.

I'm not sure about making TCP_MSS_MIN an option in lwipopts.h. After all, we
should just cope with what the remote size wants as a maximum (the same
argument does not apply to TCP_MSS). I think putting it in tcp.h is adequate
(maybe surround by ifndef so in practice it _can_ be overridden by those who
really care).

I don't know whether changes like this are appropriate for 1.3.0 as they
aren't really bug fixes. But it is small and benign. Kieran?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?22249>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/