lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] #if can't use enum vaule ETHARP_STATE_EMPTY

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] #if can't use enum vaule ETHARP_STATE_EMPTY
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 15:08:20 +0000

Bill Auerbach wrote:
>Kieran wrote:
>> Anyone know why we couldn't just do:
>>
>> enum etharp_state {
>> /* "ETHARP_STATE_EMPTY must be 0 to ensure correct initialization
>> value!" */
>>  ETHARP_STATE_EMPTY = 0,
>>  ETHARP_STATE_PENDING,
>>  ETHARP_STATE_STABLE
>> };
>>
>> i.e. force it to be zero?  I'm never sure if such things are supported
>> on all compilers.
>
> This is standard enum syntax and will work everywhere.

Indeed, I was about to say the same :). It's standard C.

Kieran, there has been this and a bunch of small but non-critical changes
that people have been reporting (e.g. warning fixes). I'm not sure what the
criteria is for checking in changes at the moment. Is it ok?

Jifl
Visit us @ Embedded World 2008, Nürnberg, Germany, 26-28 Feb:Stand 11-336
------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------       Opinions==mine