lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #6463] IGMP - Adding Random Delay

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #6463] IGMP - Adding Random Delay
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 11:37:09 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release: None

Details:

See Edward Kerekes's post :

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lwip-devel/2008-03/msg00029.html

In few words, the idea is to implement a real random delay for report
messages.

lwIP doesn't use the rand() function of the C runtime (I suppose the idea is
to limit the C runtime dependancy), but need in some parts of a such function
(autoip, dhcp, ppp...). For AutoIP, the "random" value is computed on a timer
tick value and on the netif MAC address. In all cases, a "global" solution
would be better, so, just adding a macro like Edward suggested could be not
enought (enought for this need, but not for all lwIP). The second part of the
patch is about the compliance on RFC 2236.

About this patch, I would have a preference to move the "random" call inside
igmp_start_timer, and so, to do the call like this : " igmp_start_timer(group,
maxresp);"  About the RFC compliance, I will take a look and give you my point
of view...

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6463>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/