lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] [task #7930] Create automatic test cases

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] [task #7930] Create automatic test cases
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 18:32:27 +0200

Piero 74 wrote:
Hi. Just as a contribution to this discussion:

lwip needs a customization of layer for rtos (sys_arch.c) and for emac driver (ethernetif.c) and the emac driver too.
I don't think that testing your ethernet driver is really possible. After all, it should send and receive data through the wire, you won't be able to test that using one machine only.

Testing your OS abstraction layer (sys_arch.c) is kind of hard since it would require the tests to be run on your target, while the tests we were talking about should mainly run under linux and windows, I guess.
It could be possible to use automatic test cases to test the whole chain (emac driver - rtos - lwip layers - lwip)??

i spent a lot of time finding problems in my driver and in lwip integration of it.... i think it could be very usefull!
We were mainly talking about unit tests in this thread until now, while what you propose seems like a system test to me...
But feel free to post any tests that you think makes porting lwIP easier!

Simon