lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] Any interest in netif get/set hostname?

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: [lwip-devel] Any interest in netif get/set hostname?
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 16:43:03 -0400

Hello,

Is there any interest in a patch to netif.c, if LWIP_NETIF_HOSTNAME is defined to 1 to add netif_get_hostname and netif_set_hostname.  I use the hostname dynamically to give the user the ability to put some meaning on the device attached to their network.  In my case, there could be several devices and the user can indicate which equipment it’s attached to or what room the device is in.

If the hostname does change and DHCP is used, what is the recommended way to have the new hostname take effect?

Bill