lwip-devel

RE: [lwip-devel] [bug #22916] Resetting SNMP data structures

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: RE: [lwip-devel] [bug #22916] Resetting SNMP data structures
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 15:35:01 -0400

All C compilers are required to zero BSS (uninitialized variables) on start
up.  (As an aside, it's a good idea to never explicitly use an initializer
of 0 on any C data type for this reason as it saves ROM space used to hold
those zeros).  If you are trying to restart lwIP, it would probably be best
to bracket (preferably with symbols) the starting and ending addresses of
lwIP's BSS segment and zero-fill this before restarting.  You might be
leaving behind something else that was zero on the first run and isn't on a
restart.

This thread probably belongs on the lwip-users list.

Bill