lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] PPP client in multithreaded OS

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] PPP client in multithreaded OS
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:23:09 +0100

Dustin Stahlback wrote:
> Currently the PPP client is created as a new thread.  Would it be ever
> prudent to make the PPP client part of the TCPIP task?  Just tell me if
> you guys think this would be a dumb approach.

The PPP thread can sometimes sleep (look for calls to sys_msleep). The
tcpip thread must never sleep. It would require quite a few changes to
change the PPP thread execution to prevent that. Not impossible, but not
straightforward.

Jifl
------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------       Opinions==mine