lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #23119] After a read with timeout, the socket is unuse

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #23119] After a read with timeout, the socket is unuseable
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 16:13:27 +0000

Update of bug #23119 (project lwip):

              Item Group:                    None => Change Request

Follow-up Comment #1:

Oh, look, someone is actually using the socket read timeout ;-)

The thing is, we discussed this a while ago and if I remember correctly,
found a minority for treating timeouts as 'fatal' errors (in contrast to
'non-fatal' errors like out-of-memory or a routing error).

However, since I'm personally no convinced about that solution (I think a
timeout should not be fatal and another read after a timeout should be
allowed), I'll leave this open and let the others comment ;-)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?23119>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/