lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Porting lwIP for a OS less environment

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Porting lwIP for a OS less environment
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 21:21:22 +0200

Ashish P. Chavan wrote:
Hi,
        I am new to lwIP and this mailing list. We are planning to port
lwIP-1.3.0 for some 16 and 32 bit MCUs without an operating system.
Before starting; I would like to go through similar kind of work done by
some one else. I browsed through latest contrib i.e. contrib.-1.3.0 but
didn't find anything similar.
Unfortunately, the contrib folder currently doesn't include any 'real' ports: there are only the testing-ports for unix-like and win32. I know there are a few ports for real hardware, but in the contrib folder, we only keep ports which are actively maintained by a developer...

But to make a start on lwIP without OS you can just have a look at the win32 port and what it does if you set NO_SYS=1 in lwipopts.h
From that, you can see what you have to implement for your own hardware.

Simon