lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] connect block for ever?? (i need a workaround)

From: Piero 74
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] connect block for ever?? (i need a workaround)
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 15:43:33 +0200

do you think it is correct set TCP_MAXSYNRTX  =1?
which problems could i have?

Piero

2008/10/2 Kieran Mansley <address@hidden>
On Thu, 2008-10-02 at 14:26 +0200, Piero 74 wrote:

> HOURS??? my understanding is that SYN packet will be send
>  TCP_MAXSYNRTX times,
> using a not simple timeout schema... but i hope that this timeout
> could be of the order of seconds
> and the function netconn_connect returns after this error  (i have to
> d some test) :O|

The timeout between SYN retransmissions starts off as a few seconds, but
it is increased exponentially each time the packet is retransmitted.
Exponential increases very quickly get large.  I've not worked out the
total time myself, but should be a relatively easy sum to do.

Kieran