lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #24479] Using LwIP for a gateway application

From: Abhinay Patil
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #24479] Using LwIP for a gateway application
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 14:51:59 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release:
            lwIP version: 1.3.0

Details:

Hello,
   I am in need of some support in using lwIP for my application. This
particular post is not to submit any bugs or such, but is a request for some
information on the use of lwIP for my application. I am not sure whether this
is the right place to post such a query. But since I couldn't find any other
link on this website to post queries, I am going ahead with this post. I hope
you will be able to reply on the queries, or atleast guide me to the proper
channel for such queries (if this is not the one!). Thanks in advance.
  Here's what I intend to do in my application:
I have a DSP processor with 2 ethernet ports and running lwIP stack. One port
is to receive the incoming traffic and other port for outgoing traffic. The
processor is expected to either filter or pass through the incoming traffic to
the output port based on certain conditions. For this, the DSP should receive
all the IP packets coming to the input port, regardless of the fact whether
those packets were addressed to that port or not. The DSP will then analyse
the packets and use some proprietary conditions to determine whether that
packet has to be processed or just passed on to the output port. While passing
on the packets to the output port, the DSP should ensure that the packets are
in exactly the same format as they were when they entered the input port (i.e.
the original source address and other control data etc..)
   I hope I have explained my application clearly. I need your help in
understanding where exactly to modify the lwIP stack to achieve this. (Just
for your information, I already have a project with 2 ethernet ports running
under lwIP. I need your help in the packet handling and forwarding part of the
application.)

Thanks and regards,
Abhinay

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?24479>