lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] lwIP + SLIP/PPP single threaded

From: Simon Kallweit
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] lwIP + SLIP/PPP single threaded
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 16:54:48 +0100

Alain M. wrote:

Kieran Mansley escreveu:

Given the number of problems that come up with the current one, I would
say that I'd accept something that was functionally simpler as long as
it was easier to use, especially if the developer would be happy to
support it in future versions of lwIP.

I can help a bit... I have been strugling with PPP for days. And it still is not working. The main problems are:

1) PPP documentation are very bad, including RPCs
2) lwip has a lot of options
3) it looks like lwip's PPP evolved organicaly and is a bit more complicated that needed to be, probably because of (1)

But in my opinion it does not call for a rewrite, just a rearanging.

Do you use PPP in a threaded environment? My main goal is to get PPP going in a single-thread environment (polling).

Simon