lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] PPP single threaded

From: Erik Ekman
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] PPP single threaded
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 13:18:22 +0100

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 11:53 AM, Simon Kallweit
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi there

[...]
> Is anyone interested on collaborating on this? I've heard from quite a few
> guys now, who did their own hacks to get PPP working in a single-threaded
> environment, and I think it's time to get it right. Any input is welcome!
>
> Simon

Yes, it sounds interesting! Usually when doing PPP over the serial
link one needs to handle things like the modem/GPRS module saying NO
CARRIER. Right now I have separate code that checks for this and then
storing other data in a buffer that PPP reads from. Do you run sio_*
functions directly to the serial port?

/Erik