lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] Re: [lwip-members] Mercurial

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-devel] Re: [lwip-members] Mercurial
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 18:40:58 +0100

Hello Kieran, all,

Kieran Mansley wrote:
> I notice that savannah now supports mercurial as an alternative to CVS
> for projects hosted there.  I much prefer working with mercurial, and so
> would be interested in moving lwIP over to that, but appreciate that
> others might have different opinions.
>
> It has some obvious downsides: the conversion would involve some work,
> and probably lose our CVS commit history, and developers not already
> familiar with mercurial would have to learn how to use it.

For most repository alternatives (mtn, mercurial, git, ...) there are
decent tools to convert an existing CVS repo over.
Doesn't Savannah support this?
> Please make your opinions known.  Unless there is a strong show of
> support for the move, and few objections, I'll leave it as CVS.

I would favor mercurial (or anything alike) over CVS, but I do think the
history should be preserved, at least for the
HEAD branch.

I haven't touched lwIP code for years now though, glad the project is
alive and kicking. My fingers are itching though :-)

Regards,

Leon.