lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Mercurial

From: Dmitry Potapov
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Mercurial
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:16:09 +0300

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 3:13 AM, Jonathan Larmour <address@hidden> wrote:

> Belatedly, I'll just mention me too, SVN is fine too (but not distributed)
> but without consensus I guess CVS will do. I dislike git, and although I
> don't use Windows, its Windows support is very poor and I suspect that would
> disenfranchise a lot of lwIP users.

Starting with Git 1.6, Windows is officially supported, and many people used Git
happily on Windows for at least half a year before Git 1.6 was released.  So, to
say that "Windows support is very poor" is egregiously misleading...

And for those who stuck with their CVS tools, Git has a CVS server emulator,
which allows CVS clients to work with Git repository as it were CVS repo.
http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-cvsserver.html

Dmitry