lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] Re: [lwip-users] PPP problems: IPCP (NOT) obsolete option

From: Alain M.
Subject: [lwip-devel] Re: [lwip-users] PPP problems: IPCP (NOT) obsolete option
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 20:00:28 -0200

Michael Head escreveu:
Hi Alain,

I'm involved in an entirely different PPP application. I'm using a Rabbit Semiconductor GPRS/GSM kit and trying to connect to AT&T via a GSM phone modem. I get exactly to the same spot you do and the next thing that comes back from AT&T is a LCP terminate request and everything halts. If you figure out why your application bails out please tell me. I'll do the same if I get mine going.

On another note I've been looking at lwip. It's the forest and the trees problem. I can see a lot of trees but haven't been able to see how actually to run it all. Do you have an example program that shows how you get ppp to go thru the various states to reach your problem? I can't even get that far with lwip and am using Rabbit software to produce the output below. I'd like an alterante.

Thanks and good luck!

Mike

PPP: sending IPCP config i/f 0
PPPLINK: sendpacket totlen=26 i/f 0
PPPLINK: sendpacket using 0000BB65
--- pkt flags=x40 i/f=0 tstamp=37934 len=26 ---
  sect 1, len=26 addr=x800B165A rlen=1500
FF 03 80 21 01 01 00 16 03 06 00 00 00 00 81 06 ! 00 00 00 00 83 06 00 00 00 00
flag: ??  - this is always 7E
address: FF   - legacy byte always FF
control: 03     - legacy byte always 03
protocol: 8021 identifies protocol 8021 is Internet Protocol Control Protocol IPCP

code:  01  Configure request
identifier: 01 - aids in matching request sequence. Changes from configure request to configure re length: 0016 - there are 22 bytes in informational field. So CRC and Flag must be added later

type: 03  IP Address
length: 06  the right length for this group
IP Address: 00 00 00 00  requests peer to provide this information

What does the remainder of the packet mean?
81 06 ! 00 00 00 00 83 06 00 00 00 00
You, Alain evidentially translated these bytes...!

*PEER RESPONDS TO IPCP CONFIGURATION REQUEST

* PPPLINK: transmitter was idle
PPPLINK: receive processed 3 chars
PPPLINK: receive processed 17 chars
PPP: got packet BB65 on i/f:0 protocol:0xc021
PPP: got LCP packet code=0x05 id=1 len=6 i/f 0

This packet is sent to protocol C021 PPP link control protocol
Code 5 in this protocol is Link Terminate Request.