lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] again... Zero Copy Ethernet interface

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] again... Zero Copy Ethernet interface
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 13:37:28 +0100

As Mike said, you only would need to relocate the memory where the pbuf pool is located. Unfortunately, with the current implementation that's not easy as the pbuf pool is one of the memp-pools. You could of course relocate all memp-pools to the DMA region but you have to check if that's big enough.

I don't think this is too platform specific, so I would be open to integrate code for that into the main source (as Jifl already did something similar which is not yet integrated). But that would mean a clean patch ready for integration would have to be created by someone who cares...

Maybe we can just integrate what Jifl did, but I don't remember what it was... :-)

Simon

address@hidden wrote:
alain...
you are right...
i'm using lpc2368 from
nxp (arm7)
in the next days i will try to discuss here about my driver
implementation (dma manager using isr) and my actual ethernetif layer;
and my doubts and ideas for implementing zero copy driver.

thanks to all
goodnight  :o)