lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] again... Zero Copy Ethernet interface

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] again... Zero Copy Ethernet interface
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 13:56:28 +0100

> I tried to use tcp_write() without the TCP_WRITE_FLAG_COPY flag. This
> would allow zero copy transmission all the way from user code (I am not
> using sockets).
> [..]
> A better solution would be a pbuf destructor that is called when
> pbuf_free() decides to release memory.

I think an even better solution would be to have a tcp_write() function taking
a pbuf instead of a data pointer, but that would mean the TCP frames could not
be splitted, but it's like that today anyway. Of course after passing such a
pbuf to tcp_write() it may not be used by the application.

Simon
--
Sensationsangebot verlängert: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K1308T4569a