lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] 1.3.1??

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] 1.3.1??
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 13:33:06 +0000

On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 09:20 +0100, address@hidden wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> when will you release the next stable version? It's been a while, you
> know?

It has been a while, but no firm date has been set for the next release,
largely due to lack of time on my part.  I'll try and make it a priority
to go through all the bugs and tasks and mark any that should be
resolved before 1.3.1.  Then we should have some estimate of how much
work is involved, but the timing is always down to how many hours the
developers can volunteer, and so inherently hard to predict.

On the plus side, there has been very little code churn since 1.3.0, so
those using 1.3.0 aren't very far off the current tip of development.

> And before you release that, could you put in a get_version() call or
> something along that lines, as suggested earlier?
>
> > #define LWIP_VERSION 0x00XXYYZZ /* XX=major, YY=minor, ZZ=revision
> */
> >
> > This allows a simple integer comaprison between version numbers.

Yes, as per the earlier discussion I think this should be possible.  I
assume that something got filed on savannah (e.g. a bug or task) about
this to ensure it doesn't get forgotten.

Kieran