lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Re: [task #7040] Work on tcp_enqueue

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Re: [task #7040] Work on tcp_enqueue
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 07:39:42 +0100

> I am not sure if it is legal to call tcp_output() from inside the
> tcp_sent callback. It it is probably harmless, but will be called anyway
> when your callback function returns.

As far as I remember, tcp_output just returns if it is called while input is
processed for the given pcb, so yes, it's harmless. ;-)

> I would prefer to fix tcp_enqueue() instead. The raw API is low-level,
> but it doesn't have to be that low-level.

That's exactly the point of task #7040 (which, by the way, would be a better
place for this discussion as lwip-devel).

I don't know when I will find the time to do that, but a ready patch is of
course always welcome.

Simon
http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger01