lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] SYN flood attack - lwip crash

From: Piero 74
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] SYN flood attack - lwip crash
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 17:21:00 +0100

2009/1/30 Kieran Mansley <address@hidden>
On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 16:36 +0100, Piero 74 wrote:

> ...now the problem is "only" how patch this bug...
> (do you agree with me? is it a bug? i'm wrong in same way???)

I wonder if your mail box is overflowing, which might explain why
tcp_accepted never gets called.  Worth checking out.  I seem to recall
that there's a minimum size for the mailbox to ensure everything works
fine, but can't remember the details.

my setting:

/**
 * TCPIP_MBOX_SIZE: The mailbox size for the tcpip thread messages
 * The queue size value itself is platform-dependent, but is passed to
 * sys_mbox_new() when tcpip_init is called.
 */
#define TCPIP_MBOX_SIZE                 30
// piero - ok

/**
 * DEFAULT_UDP_RECVMBOX_SIZE: The mailbox size for the incoming packets on a
 * NETCONN_UDP. The queue size value itself is platform-dependent, but is passed
 * to sys_mbox_new() when the recvmbox is created.
 */
#define DEFAULT_UDP_RECVMBOX_SIZE       30
// piero - ok

/**
 * DEFAULT_TCP_RECVMBOX_SIZE: The mailbox size for the incoming packets on a
 * NETCONN_TCP. The queue size value itself is platform-dependent, but is passed
 * to sys_mbox_new() when the recvmbox is created.
 */
#define DEFAULT_TCP_RECVMBOX_SIZE       30
// piero - ok

/**
 * DEFAULT_ACCEPTMBOX_SIZE: The mailbox size for the incoming connections.
 * The queue size value itself is platform-dependent, but is passed to
 * sys_mbox_new() when the acceptmbox is created.
 */
#define DEFAULT_ACCEPTMBOX_SIZE         10
// piero

However, I'm not convinced you've found your bug: you had a problem
without the listen backlog code, so a bug in that code isn't going to
explain what went wrong without it.

"without the listen backlog code" ????
i didn't understand... i'm using backlog ....
what are you saying? sorry....

Did you find out what's on the other pcb lists, and what the stats are
for the number of pcbs allocated?

i have few time...
what are you searching exactly???

(i'm trying to provide you some additional info...)

Piero