lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Re: [task #7040] Work on tcp_enqueue

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Re: [task #7040] Work on tcp_enqueue
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 17:27:58 +0100

bill wrote:
Did you do this as an instruction just to read the data and checksum where
lwIP does now, or did you do a DMAing memcpy_chksum?

Both, but it turned out the FPGA had no room for the DMA+checksum hardware :-( However, the overhead of checksumming with the custom instruction is zero to normal memcpy, hence my introducing task #6849. Sadly, since the project got delayed a little, I'm not working on this right now...

Simon