lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #24440] TCP connection close problem on 64-bit host

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #24440] TCP connection close problem on 64-bit host
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 18:55:35 +0000

> there's no need for an accept callback entry on a struct tcp_pcb

I'm afraid there is: when a new connection is opened by a listening pcb, the
accept pointer is copied to the new tcp_pcb. The reason is the callback is
only called after the ACK for the SYN is received from the remote host.

> tcp_accept() should take a struct tcp_pcb_listen type

But we need to reset the accept pointer for a normal pcb, too. I guess a
better fix would be to move accept into TCP_PCB_COMMON so that it is the same
for both tcp pcb types.

An even better fix would be to change the *_PCB_COMMON/IP_PCB defines to
aggregating other structs so that we are safe from compilers that change the
layout of structs, but that could well be another discussion...

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?24440>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/