lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] netconn/socket: converting len argument to size_t

From: address@hidden
Subject: [lwip-devel] netconn/socket: converting len argument to size_t
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 18:55:35 +0100

Hi all,

I'd like to change the various length/size parameters of the socket API from 'int' to 'size_t', mainly to be conformant to the standard (see opengroup.org), but also for portability (size of the types should always be the same).

For that, the length parameters of the netconn API would have to be changed, too. In my opinion, using size_t is a cleaner solution than int, regarding portability. This would also solve the problems we had in patch #6699...

I'm preparing my sources for that and will commit them on the weekend if nobody opts in.

Simon